Prerequisites for the successful integration are:
An existing Mapp integration with pixel version 3.2.1 or higher.
Three event parameters of the type “Text”
The integration and implementation process includes the following steps:
Configuration of the Mapp account
Configuration of the plugin.
Activation of the plugin
The VWO plugin from Mapp facilitates the analysis of your tests and variants. The prerequisite for a successful installation is an integration of Mapp into your website. With the help of the plugin, the information from VWO is transferred directly to Mapp.
1. Log in to your Mapp Intelligence Q3 account.
2. Go to Configuration > Custom Parameters.
3. Open the “Event Parameter” tab. A list of all existing event parameters appears.
4. Click [Create new custom parameter]. You are forwarded to the specification dialog for custom parameters.
5. Mapp recommends the following settings:
Parameter: VWO Variation
Data Type: Text
Amount Paramter Values: Single Value
6. Click [Save] to save your settings. The event parameter is created and appears in the “Custom Parameters” overview.
7. Navigate back to Mapp Intelligence / Tag Integration.
8. Integrate the VWO Plugin into the container in which the webpage to be measured is located. You can do this by selecting the required container by clicking the corresponding entry.
9. Click “Add Plugin”
10. Select VWO tracking by clicking the appropriate button
11. Now enter the following information
Parameter: Action parameter for the variants
Description: Enter the parameter ID of the respective event parameter you created in Mapp Intelligence Q3, for example, “7”
12. Click “Next”
13. Define the page areas on which the measurement is to be carried out by utilizing the “Assign Rules” area
14. Click “Add Plugin”
15. Click “Publish” to publish the container incl. the newly added VWO Plugin